Download PDF Download PDF Print this Page Print this Page Email this Page Email this Page Save to Favorites Save to Favorites

Inch Series DUO-TAPTITE® Fasteners

Request Information

DUO-TAPTITE® Thread Rolling Screws

TAPTITE® screws were the leap forward in high production assembly using threaded fasteners. DUO-TAPTITE® screws represent the refinement of the TRILOBULAR™ principle for specific demanding applications.

DUO-TAPTITE® screws have generous lobulation at the screw point for easy entry and optimum thread forming action plus reduced lobulation in the screw body holding area. A stabilizing threaded dog point insures ready, aligned entry, with easy pick-up requiring minimal starting end load.


  • High vibrational resistance
  • Good axial alignment
  • Low end load
  • High strip-to-drive ratio
  • High prevailing torque
  • Good torque tension relationship
DUO-TAPTITE® fasteners, and/or their manufacture according to REMINC specifications, covered by one or more of the following patents: 6,089,806, 6,089,986, 6,261,040.

Note: All screws were tested in unthreaded weld nuts of uniform hardness (Rockwell B 82-84) having 7.1mm hole diameters. End pressure was manually developed, measured and recorded by an electronic load cell and recorder. Drive, prevailing and strip torque values, and torque-tension values were measured with a GSE torque cell and recorded on a BLH electronic recorder. All test data is based on 5/16 - 18 or M8 x 1.25 screws.

Originators of the Trilobular™ Family of Fasteners Providing Technical Support, Marketing Support and Innovative Fastener Design

Reduced In-Place Cost!!

DUO-TAPTITE® thread rolling screws reduce in-place fastener costs and provide vibration resistant assemblies. DUO-TAPTITE® thread rolling screws are used to create strong, uniform load carrying internal threads into untapped nut members upon installation. When REMINC developed the original TAPTITE® TRILOBULAR™ shape thread rolling screw, it revolutionized the use of threaded fasteners in high production assembly. Assembly efficiency and joint performance, along with lower in-place fastening cost, have been the benefits of using TAPTITE® screws. DUO-TAPTITE® screws and bolts continue these benefits along with meeting the quality and performance needs of the future.

Lower In-Place Fastening Costs

Only 15% of the total in-place cost of a fastening is the cost of the screw or bolt. DUO-TAPTITE® screws and bolts lower the cost of the remaining 85%. The following is a list of some of the cost-savings advantages of using DUO-TAPTITE® thread rolling screws.
  • Elimination of separate tapping operations and associated costs.
  • Built-in resistance to vibrational loosening eliminates the need for lock washers, adhesives, or plastic patches and plugs.
  • Generates stronger mating threads with uninterrupted grain flow due to work hardening of the nut for higher stripping resistance.
  • Accepts larger pilot hole variations than drilled and tapped holes.
  • Works in punched, drilled, cored and extruded holes in many different metals.
  • With use of CORFLEX® metallurgy, can be provided in grade strengths of high tensile bolts for use in structural applications in deep thread lengths of engagement.
  • No assembly line cross threading.
  • Prevailing torque often equals or exceeds locking screw standards.
  • Manufactured to REMINC standards all over the world by over 68 of the world's leading fastener, fastener processing and tooling companies.



Items  Request Information

  Item # Screw Size Max. C Dimension Min. C Dimension Max. D Dimension Min. D Dimension Max. Point Cp
item-1178 2-56 in 0.0875 in 0.0835 in 0.0855 in 0.0815 in 0.075 in
item-1179 3-48 in 0.1010 in 0.0970 in 0.0990 in 0.0950 in 0.086 in
item-1180 4-40 in 0.1145 in 0.1105 in 0.1120 in 0.1080 in 0.097 in
item-1181 5-40 in 0.1275 in 0.1235 in 0.1250 in 0.1210 in 0.110 in
item-1182 6-32 in 0.1410 in 0.1350 in 0.1380 in 0.1320 in 0.119 in
item-1183 8-32 in 0.1670 in 0.1610 in 0.1640 in 0.1580 in 0.145 in
item-1184 10-24 in 0.1940 in 0.1880 in 0.1900 in 0.1840 in 0.164 in
item-1185 10-32 in 0.1930 in 0.1870 in 0.1900 in 0.1840 in 0.171 in
item-1186 12-24 in 0.2200 in 0.2140 in 0.2160 in 0.2100 in 0.190 in
item-1187 1/4-20 in 0.2550 in 0.2490 in 0.2500 in 0.2440 in 0.219 in
item-1188 5/16-18 in 0.3180 in 0.3120 in 0.3125 in 0.3065 in 0.278 in
item-1189 3/8-16 in 0.3810 in 0.3750 in 0.3745 in 0.3685 in 0.336 in
item-1190 7/16-14 in 0.4445 in 0.4385 in 0.4375 in 0.4315 in 0.393 in
item-1191 1/2-13 in 0.5075 in 0.5015 in 0.5000 in 0.4940 in 0.453 in

Check up to five results to perform an action.